Sam Rogers is called “The One Mouth Band” for good reason: he makes all the sounds of a band using only his mouth, and with the precision of a seasoned musician. A finalist in the 1st US Beatbox Championships and the first solo act to compete (and win!) in an a cappella group competition, Sam has three solo a cappella albums to his credit. He also performed for years with SoVoSo (spin-off Bobby McFerrin‘s Voicestra) as well as several other professional a cappella groups. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Sam happily astounds & inspires audiences from Sydney to Sao Paulo to Salzburg to Singapore.
The Holiday Season is upon us, and this year I thought I’d join in on the fun by offering my entire a cappella discography for hugely discounted price. It’s always been only $10 bucks to download my most recent album, but now for $15 USD you’ll get:
- Could Love (One Mouth Band studio album, nominated for CARA award)
- 100% Organic Human Music (One Mouth Band live album)
- One Mouth Band (first solo a cappella album, nominated for JPF award)
- One On One (EP from my a cappella duo with Nicolle Lane)
- Done Waiting (my album with The Irrationals)
- …for the Radio Audience (by Audio Radiance, a collegiate a cappella group I sang with)
- Get Motivated, Baby! (by Till Dawn, my teen a cappella group)
Yes, this is the whole a cappella enchilada! It’s true that my voice also appeared on dozens of other albums over the years, but these are all the a cappella ones. Each recording was the result of a lot of blood, sweat, & tears. Each was very dear to me. Each marks an important point in my artistic evolution.
Also please note that the teen a cappella group (‘Til Dawn) that I founded 20 years ago is still going strong, and is celebrating their 20th Anniversary at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco on December 27th! Please buy a ticket and support the ongoing good of their Youth in Arts parent organization. This was the venue where we first debuted, and I’m planning to be there to do a guest spot and join in all the festivities. Little did I know how it would all circle back around…