I’m thankful that we have a Thanksgiving holiday here in the USA. Like our Independence Day holiday, more people probably use it as an excuse to buy stuff than reflect upon the concept, but folks like you and I can still use it for what it was meant to be.Here are a few more things I’m thankful for today:
- for all life’s insults & injuries, somehow I seem to have turned out alright
- for all the people I’ve hurt, most of them didn’t take it personally and still like me
- for all the oddball interests and weird perspectives I have, people often listen to me
- for all the bad jokes and awkward blunders I’ve made, I’ve been able to live most of it down
- for all the mistakes I continue to make, I am still loved and usually forgiven
Looking back, it seems entirely improbable that a life like mine could have ever existed. I am thankful indeed for this weird and wonderful ride, and for those who share it with me!
Here’s a lovely song and inspiring song of gratitude for you from my friend Svarvar Knutur