- Emails (20+ accounts)
- Voicemail (3 accounts)
- Texts (3 accounts)
- Slack messages, comments, tags (? accounts)
- LinkedIn messages, comments, tags (profile, page)
- Twitter messages, comments, tags (5 profiles)
- Facebook messages, comments, tags (profile, pages, groups)
- Instagram messages, comments, tags
- Medium messages, comments (2 profiles)
- YouTube messages, comments (6 accounts)
- Skype messages, comments (2 accounts)
- Facetime messages
- Wire messages
- Signal messages
- Librem messages
- Snail mail (3 addresses, 4.5 businesses)
- Notes I made for myself
- Things people told me or asked me to do
Usually I construct systems or rules to help me juggle it all.
Often there are technical faults or changes that break my systems and defy my rules.
Sometimes when I can really focus on a handful of these inputs, I can work myself through the backlog.
Rarely do I keep pace for long.
I’ve come to the conclusion that I suck at being responsive in all these areas at once, and I’m generally not very good or consistent on any one channel. This should come as a surprise to pretty much no one who knows me very well.
What should I be doing instead?